Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Writing Life: Judas Brief breathing down the Pope's neck

I just caught an interesting statistic. Amazon has a list of "Hot New Releases" for numerous categories. The Judas Brief clocked in at #18 in the category of Christology. In first place is Pope Benedict's Jesus of Nazareth. So between the two of us, we should sell a lot of books. (Which reminds me of an old joke about Communist Russia. At an athletic event featuring only two competitors, one Russian and one American, with the American winning, Pravda headlined the story, "Russian comes in second, American next to last.") The list is updated every hour and who knows whether I'll still be on it by the time you read this. Of course, I don't have any idea how many other books I might be competing against in the category of "New releases in Christology." But I'll take what I can get.



I'm told The Judas Brief will be in the warehouse by June 1st, and perhaps in some stores by then or shortly thereafter.

No comments: