Friday, April 6, 2007

The writing life: The Judas Brief due out May 17th

It's been a long journey but my publisher, Continuum, has set May 17th as the official release date for my latest book The Judas Brief: Who really killed Jesus? Everything appears to be in place. Galleys for the reviewers should be out shortly and the printing process should be started up any day now. It's not unlikely that some of the larger book stores might have copies before that date. A British edition should be released by the end of the summer. A brief description and Table of Contents can be found here.

Given the enormous amount of publicity about the recently published Gospel of Judas and its alleged implications for the study of early Christianity, with several books about that work having been published or in the publishing cycle, I should emphasize that my book has nothing to do with the Gospel of Judas, which I consider thoroughly useless for the historical study of Judas and Jesus. If I recall correctly, my only mention of the work is in a footnote that lists some of the over thirty different Gospels known to early Christianity.

UPDATE: The target release date is now June 1, 2007.

No comments: